Wednesday, 29 October 2014



 

  

As it is half term I thought it would be the perfect time to go down to Shepherds Bush. Shepherds Bush is ideal for thrifters and fashion students. It is quite widely know for its Westfield shopping centre but little do people know that Shepherds Bush was once know for its open air street market.
Traid is always the first place I hit whenever I'm in Shepherds Bush. I feel Traid is more of a thrift store than charity shop with loads of quirky vintage pieces, so don't be surprised by some of the price tags. If you have visited here before or planning to go in the future, there are plenty more stores just like this one around London such as Liverpool Street's Spitalfield Market and Brick Lane.

I tried a few things on like this fluffy long cardigan/coat which I was tempted to buy but couldn't justify the price. I think it was £39.99, it was nice but since it is secondhand I was expecting it to be a little cheaper. Also the fact that the inside moulted all over my top leaving white fluff everywhere put me off even more.
                      


 The second thing I was tempted to buy was this cute red tartan miniskirt from H&M for £6.99. Which isn't bad and I was so close to buying it but it was a little too short as it was size 6 which meant I couldn't pull it down over my hips. In the future, I want to make a skirt just like this.




 In the market you can find anything from homewear to hats, clothing and fabrics. 




 I find the market is cheaper for buying fabrics but they have a limited range to choose from. The fabric shops would be ideal if your looking for a variety of textiles.

 There is a wide range of textile fabric stores that can be found at the end of shepherds bush market. You have a chose of 10 shops to chose from all situated side by side along the high street.













SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Birabelle. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig